Friday, December 22, 2006

I heart Xcode



2007 will be a year of milestones for me, As i speak/type i've got three projects, planned for release next year.

Two Desktop apps, and one palm app.

They are as follows

Isolation :- Background Local HTML page Proxy (Multi-Platform)
Diggr :- Handheld Digg Client (Palm OS)
Syndication New!:- RSS Template Builder. (Multi-Platform)

Isolation and Syndication, should form the backbone of my commercial apps. Diggr will be my last big Palm OS project. Hate to say it, but it looks to me as if the platform is dead. Plus i'm starting to really hate Visual Basic. This Java + Swing stuff is just in a class of it's own.

As for release dates, well thats another thing. Diggr is at the most advanced stage of development, however it's held back by a couple of Libraries that i still need to complete and test (HTTP Client & XML Parser).

Isolation, has come a very long way, in a very short time, i started it last week, it's got a gui and a working server, and client.

Syndication, i "invented", and started in the last 3 hours.

But the real story here, is My Blackbook it's amazing. Incase you didn't know it apparently has auto sensing Ethernet ports, so need for patch cables here! Not that the last fact is important, just very cool. But seriously Xcode, best programming IDE i've used. I can see where Aptana gets some of it's zest from, heritage is quite clear in this case. The Battery life is pretty good, 5 hours with all the radios off. Speaking of radios, i'm starting to scare myself, i carry 6 radio transceivers on a regular basis! Two in each device 5 2.4 GHz(Wifi x2 Bluetooth x3) and 1 1.8/1.9 GHz(Cellular). I should really start wearing a tin foil hat.

Finally I'll be heading home to nice old Hemel on sunday, I'll be very busy over Christmas, mainly because i got to try and ship product. Companies with vapourware don't do very well in this modern economy. Plus if anyone remembers all those random people women i often blog about, scrap them i've replaced them all with a single person hot young lady, No hints She's all over flickr!. 2007 should be a good year, professionally and personally. Oh and before i forget, i've lost the password and login to my flickr account, so no new pictures for a while At least till i recover my windows partition ^_^.

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year - Jonathan

No comments: